By using our digital channels you are agreeing to provide us with consent under GDPR rules.
2. What personal information do we collect and how we will use it?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Contact details including title, name, postal and email addresses, postcode, contact telephone numbers; We only collect this to be able to confirm your booking or to send on any items you may leave behind.
Where you book accommodation for other people, we may ask you to provide the above information about them (e.g. we will usually ask for the title, first name and surname, e-mail address. You should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Administration and management of room bookings at the B&B and provide you with directions to our car park as well as some information on local restaurants.;
- Processing transactions;
- Correspondence between us, including where you use our 'Contact us' form but most normally to confirm your booking and to provide local information (as above).
3. Sharing your personal information with third parties
We may disclose your personal information to (in so far this is in line with applicable local data protection laws):
- A buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets); and/or
- Any third party where we are under a legal duty to do so, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where personal information is processed on our behalf by third parties (such as for the purposes of processing your room booking), we put measures in place to keep your information secure.
Town Mills takes the security of any personal information we hold very seriously.
Where necessary, and in common with other websites and apps, we may use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that personal information provided to us is not visible to anybody else when in transit between your computer and our servers. You can tell when SSL is in use by the presence of a small "padlock" symbol in the status bar of your web browser.
In addition, our web servers are housed behind a secure firewall that prevents access to our databases by unauthorised users. All of our servers are housed in a secure environment with high levels of physical security.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your information, we will handle it in accordance with our usual practices.
6. International transfers
We do not transfer your personal information to any destination,
7. Direct marketing
We do not undertake any direct marketing.
8. Access to and amending your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting us.
You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us. We may make a small charge for this service.
Legal section regarding GDPR. With the introduction of the on 25th May 2018, the way in which Town Mills manages personal data of its guests is clear: 1. We do not pass on your data to anyone; 2. We only use your data to send confirmation emails which typically include directions to our car park and details of local restaurants; 3. We ask you for your address at registration so that if you leave anything behind we can send it to you as necessary; 4. Your contact data is either manually written in our reservation book and email addresses are remembered by the Gmail system we use, to ensure accuracy, in the event that you re-book with us; 5: We do not keep any kind of database of your data other than that provided by Gmail, by default; 6. We only ask for your contact details, telephone and email. in order to confirm your reservation and to be able to contact you in the event of a local difficulty such as flooding or ice and snow for your convenience and protection; and 7. Provision of your contact information to us specifically means that you have accepted our GDPR terms; should you have any doubts about this please contact us so that we can resolve any concerns that you may have. By replying to this email you specifically accept our terms. We apologise for all this extra information but we, as always, intend to respect latest legislation.
Copyright ©2023 Town Mills B&B | All Rights Reserved